Thursday, April 26, 2012

Family


Wow it's been a party here in Belgium! My sister Melissa and Jacob her husband flew out to visit us and time just flew by! They were here for two weeks and it was non-stop adventure! We went to Brugges, London, and Fussen (Germany) and still managed to spend time just relaxing at home. 
It made me realize how much I love my family. I've wanted to travel to Europe since I was a sophomore in high school and have always thought that when Ben and I finish school we'll live outside of Utah but now I'm having second thoughts. It's fun to be in Belgium and I am still excited to live here for the next year but I have missed having family around especially Melissa. She's always been my best friend and the person to call when I need to talk to someone so having her here was the best.
We gave her and Jacob the full Belgium experience (well full LDS Belgium experience). Waffles, frites, chocolate everything! We spent a day in Brugges where we toured a Belgium chocolate factory (free sample included :) and walked around the town. We went to our favorite frites place in Place Flagey and we bought waffles twice at the Grand Place. They also enjoyed our favorite pizza place, Mama Romas, and ate Ben's favorite meal BLT's. Then of course we watched movies and played card games and stayed up way too late talking. 
It works out perfectly because Jacob and Ben love to talk about engineering stuff that I don't really get and Melissa and I love to talk about mom stuff so we end up talking for hours without realizing it. Needless to say I loved having them here to visit. Yay Coats family!
Hot Chocolate Party in Brugges!

No comments:

Post a Comment